Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I has been an ooper-super long time since I last posted on here. Life has been flying by. I don't know why, but we are in CONSTANT season of change in our family. It is exhausting, but that God we haven't had to live in long in any of the seasons we have gone through the past few years, I would have lost it by now. So this is meant to be a little family update, for anyone who has been curious, or just needs a little coffee break entertainment (or if you're looking for someone to pray for, cause I've never NOT needed it)

The biggest news is that Bryan got accepted into an Engineering program and will be going back to school full time in the fall. The most amazing part, was after years of being out of school he still passed all the placement tests and doesn't have to retake or backtrack. He should be graduating in 2 years!!! In case your wondering how this could be possible for our family, he is using the post 9-11 GI bill, it will also give us money for housing as well as covering school.

This brings me to my next big news, I'm finishing my education as well. I started my doula certification years ago just before we had Nolan. I had several hard years with grief to work through, but I have ALWAYS wanted to work with women and am in love with pregnancy and childbirth. It's really my dream job. I'm actually working on 3 certifications; Labor Doula, Childbirth Educator (teaching the classes), and Lactation Educator. So it's a lot, but I have some experience on my side, and I did most of the course work years ago, not it's time to get back up to speed.

In other news, my brilliant husband had an "epiphany" of sorts the other day. The Volvo was in the shop several months ago and got a pretty hopeless diagnosis for the engine. So he has been saving money to get it fixed for quite a while (meanwhile we are borrowing a car from a family member). I won't go into technical detail, too much and too complicated, but while at work it suddenly occurred to him why the guys in the shop were wrong. He came up with a test to see if his theory was correct... he was right. Now all he has to do is some minor repairs and the Volvo should be up and running, maybe by the end of the weekend. Let me emphasize A) i think he is either brilliant or crazy for coming up with the whole thing (which clearly points to God literally answering his prayer through conversation) B) Will save us maybe $1000 and get us back to having to running vehicle AND saving my sanity months sooner!

The kids are doing great, although there have been a few times lately I confess I am looking forward to moving over summer break. We will be moving to the other side of town, and definitely finding somewhere with more space. So I continually have to keep handing over our living situation to God's control, I have all these wants or feelings, but in the end I know there will be perfect timing.

Things that aren't headliners: Bryan hasn't shaved his beard since Thanksgiving. eck.
I will be making Colonel Grade 1 on Halo today (lol) and hearts explode out of me when I die, which confuses most people (men). Also, we recently got headsets so we can talk to other players while playing, most people (men) assume that I am a 9 year old boy when they hear my voice. So when I tear it up (do really well), I get cursed out a lot. Sooo, the headset may not be helping me.
By summer, Lucy's hair will probably be long enough to get into her diaper, so potty training is eminent (or a hair trim, which I'm against)
I got bangs. Fashionable, yet I still feel strange.
One of my bestest friends is having her 5th baby, and will find out the gender next month, I'm soooo excited :)
I am almost done reading "Wuthering Heights", and will soon be re reading "The Great Gatsby" in time for the movie remake to come out.
Oh, and for those who didn't know... the Pack won the Super Bowl.

1 comment:

tscarter7 said...

Mandi. I always love reading your thoughts and reports on your family! You make me laugh out loud! I love your description of playing Halo. Ha ha!DONT cut Lucy's hair! :) Hannah has still never had hers cut, just trims. (she just turned 13!) Bryan should probably cut the beard tho, ha! Had a really nice visit over the phone with your mom the other day. She always makes me smile too! love ya!