Monday, July 20, 2009

doing 13 year old stuff

I had loads of fun last week in VBS. I was the tour guide for the 6th graders. They were very interesting, a lot of social issues, but they were loads of fun. I also had the privilege of seeing two girls in my group accept Jesus during a bible lesson. I also manged to get all 16 of them to memorize the whole "Lord's Prayer". Cool stuff. Makes me think maybe I should be involved with youth ministries at church on a regular basis.

Last night Bryan took me to the Paramore and No Doubt concert. Paramore rocked my socks off, I really do like them. But No doubt was uuuuhhhh-nbelievable!!! So good. How in the world did Gwen get those abs right after having her babies? So anyway it was great, and I have pics but I still haven't uploaded them.

The countdown is on, I have 3 weeks until my big NY vacation with Bry. I am only 5-ish lbs from my vacation goal weight. I love my new bathing suit and may actually get to wear it. I haven't seen this number on the scale since high school. Just another part of the "done having kids" transition. Yay me!

3 comments:

tscarter7 said...

Yay you Mandi on the weight loss! :) Hope you have a fabulous vacation. Sounds like you are cut out for youth ministry! I know our boys simply adored your parents as their HS Sunday School teachers. You may be following in their footsteps!Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog!

Jessica said...

I am so jealous!!

sarah said...

So excited for you!!!! I hope you have a blast in New York!