Friday, July 24, 2009

Thanks

I woke up this morning with a general feeling of "thankful". I wanted to blog about this but wasn't sure what to say until I really Missy's blog from yesterday, where she listed 10 things she was thankful for. I think I am going to be a copy cat and do something similar today.

1. First, I am so thankful for my husband and my marriage. He is my best friend. I can't really express my feelings adequately on this subject, it's obviously quite personal. He is truly...me. One person. He makes me laugh, and I enjoy the challenge of trying to make him laugh.

2. I am thankful for my kids. I've said it so many times, but I'm saying it again. They have all taught me so many things. They all have their own story and uniqueness. Every once in a while I look at the slightly stretch marked, loose skin on my tummy (that is now also graced with a scar) and I think, WOW... four people have been there! Amazing what God made women capable of.

3. I am thankful that God has a purpose for me. When I'm not doing something to serve Him I feel... like a jello. This year He has chosen me for so many new ministry opportunities, I am so grateful. I had been praying for this for several months and wondering if I was ever going to be needed somewhere. Now I'm on fire and he brought the right opportunities right to me.

4. I'm thankful for me improved physical health. My doctor really cracked the code and I feel so much better. I had been suffering from extreme fatigue for a long time along with a myriad of other complaints. I felt so weak and helpless. I was afraid that I wasn't going to be able to serve outside my home, let alone keep my kitchen clean. This body is imperfect and health will come and go, but I am so grateful for my strength right now.

5. I'm thankful for my husband's job. That's pretty self explanatory.

So there you have it for now. I'm not trying to brag, there are plenty of things that I could be complaining about. My life is far from perfect. I just wanted to share how I was feeling today and thank those who have stopped to pray for me, even just once.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Um... your thankful for your friends!

Missy said...

What a great list! I'm glad I could provide some inspiration. =)

tscarter7 said...

thanks for the reminder to be thankful! :)