Monday, January 4, 2010

should not be wearing that


Usually, when it comes to getting in shape I like to just throw myself in full force. Everything all at one.

This week I am planning something a little different.
So it's true for me as it is for many those holiday pounds are oozing out around the top of my jeans. Nothing fits right and the the weight is likely the reason for several other "ailments" right now. Something must be done.

Bryan has taken the next week off and we are planning a little mini vacation next weekend for our 8th anniversary. So, I have been worried about the idea or "dieting" this week, or setting the standard too high considering this won't be a normal week.
So I deiced for once I will take the proverbial "baby steps".
This week I plan, and Bryan has been informed, to do my workout (Shred), Monday through Friday. I will make healthy meals but I refuse to guilt myself. When Bryan is home it is SO much harder to say no to the snacks. So, for now I will get my tushie into gear and devise a more long term approach for everything else.

To go along with this subject I have been thinking about a few other things. You know how sometimes in life one thing effects another? For example: I do my bible study, and then I feel like working out, and in turn I want to spend more time doing one on one things with the kids with out everyone yelling and ending up in their rooms. This is kind of my second goal for the week. It's sort of hard to articulate what I mean, except to say that I am working on getting "re-centered", if you will. Part of making a plan and facing a long term challenge is the way it changes the way you see all the other things around you. I just got a new day planner for the year and every time I have to write something in I try to figure out if it is helping or hurting my over all plan. For now, the things that are not helping are being dealt with temporarily, but are being put on a "discard" list. Weeding out the excess. Bringing the focus back where it should be and moving forward.

So, anyway, that was more rambling than I indented. To all my friends who are interested in this buddy system, I recommend you check out Missy's new blog, http://gethealthy4god.blogspot.com/ . I'm working on setting up a "kick off" party VERY soon. I have some really fun ideas about that. More info coming very very soon (like probably tomorrow).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it! I'm very excited. Now I just have to find those pink weights...

Missy said...

I can't wait for the kick off party! It will be fun!

I am taking baby steps this week too. We have to get back to "normal" around the house (I still have Christmas decorations up) before I feel like I can focus 100% on my goals.

I know exactly what you mean about one thing leading to more harmony. That is my goal for the year and I am hoping that all of these little goals add up to that.

I definitely have some things that are being put on the discard list as well, after some praying.