Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful post-turkey


I am choosing peace over anxiousness today, so I'm going to do something I intended to do last week but never got around to. This is going to be my top 20 thankfuls for this morning. They are not in order from least to greatest, I'm just thinking about all of them instead of thinking about the things that could be causing me fear, pain, guilt or stress (no there's nothing major going on, I'm just a female and I fret).

20. Thankful for God's forgiveness and grace. I don't understand it, I just need it.

19. Thankful for each of my kids. I could make a whole list of thankfuls just about them, but I'm going to condense that for today.

18. Thankful for peppermint cocoa mix that made it possible for me to have yummy peppermint lattes at home everyday for the price of one at the Starbuck.

17. Thankful for my home. You can't understand the gravity and emotion in that statement unless you have gone with out one... trust me.

16. Thankful for my Christmas decorations. It's a silly thing, but it just makes my little house seem so warm and happy. It's a girl think I guess.

15. Thankful for a husband who enjoys studying the bible with me.

14. Thankful for my husband's job. So proud of him and how far we've come. And so blessed that he enjoys what he does.

13. Thankful for my kid who learns differently. I see lots of beauty in what the world views as damaged, Jesus is teaching me that. There are days I'm angry and frustrated and wishing for a "cure". But really when I think about it, I don't feel like I fit in here on earth any better than he does.

12. Thankful for Bryan's G.I. bill that is going to make it possible for me to go back to school and fulfill some of my goals.

11.Thankful for God's sense of humor.

10. Thankful for music.

9. Thankful for hot showers.

8. Thankful for our new/old table that is only days aways from finally being finished.

7. Thankful for kids that USUALLY sleep well at night.

6. Thankful for The Office. So funny. But mostly because it is a bonding opportunity for Bryan and I every Thursday night. Laughing together is the priceless.

5. Thankful I was born in America even though we don't know how blessed we are. We don't really know poverty or war.

4. Thankful for books. Escape.

3. Thankful for science and all it can teach us about God and how he works. Amazing.

2. Thankful for my sense of smell and taste. I went almost 2 weeks without either when I had flu/sinus infection. Terrible! Cupcakes are disgusting when you can't taste them.

1. Thankful for peace and quiet.


Here are a couple verses I have been pondering this week, sit and try to picture this

Genesis 1:2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Exodus 20:21 The people remained at a distance, while Moses approached the thick darkness where God was.

Have a happy, Thankful week. Happy Monday and goodbye November.

1 comment:

Missy said...

"13. Thankful for my kid who learns differently. I see lots of beauty in what the world views as damaged, Jesus is teaching me that. There are days I'm angry and frustrated and wishing for a "cure". But really when I think about it, I don't feel like I fit in here on earth any better than he does."


Amen.