Sunday, April 18, 2010

I feel different. I mean, I really feel different. I hadn't been doing a consistent "bible study" in while. On top of it we have been doing some searching as far as finding a new church home. God kept calling me back to a certain place. I spent MONTHS waiting for Bryan to start coming around. He was just so blah for a while. Then one day, through nothing that had anything to do with me, he started investigating this church online (the same one I had been thinking about). We started listening to the sermons that are available online together. Then I started listening to them every morning,and during the kids nap time. We happen to have some friends we love that already attend this church, and when we told them we will be there next weekend (when Bryan gets home)and would like to visit their community group, they're happy response has only made it that much more natural.
I'm SO happy Bryan and I are both growing as people again and God has really lead us in the same direction. I'm so so so glad for how different I am feeling inside because of how much I have been learning. There was nothing "wrong" with the church we were attending before, but we were getting ZERO out of being there. It just wasn't right anymore. After trying to make it work for about a year we were both just getting farther away from God, His will, joy, and so much more. I was so on fire just less than a year ago, but I was so starved that all I could do was try to make it through each day.
I don't want to talk about the names of the churches, because I'm not trying to promote anything. I'm just saying that if you are tired, bored, complacent, etc in your spiritual growth; maybe it's because you need more. Man can not live on milk alone.
As a result of all this, I have noticed that I have been a much more purposeful mother. I have been more cheerful and content. I have been able to keep my house clean (yes ladies there is a connection there).
While Bryan is gone this week, my goal is to stay focused, keep learning, keep up the clean house, and spend some time in quiet (he was home for a record 6 weeks strait and I was going crazy). And get lots of exercise (which I will be needing lots of prayer for)
This is gonna be a revival.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I don't know how you do it. I would hate it if my husband were gone on a regular bases. Rob was gone for two nights last year for his Grandmother's funural in NY and I had the hardest time, then again I had just had a baby three days before. I love having him at home. You are a strong woman.