Thursday, April 22, 2010

I have several friends that do regular "thankful" themed posts on Thursdays or other days of the week. I'm going to use that idea today to post a few things I am deeply thankful for this week.

1. Friends. Remember a few months ago when I wrote a post on "friendship" and different phases in life. So, it's not that anything has really "changed". I don't really have a bosom buddy or a bff. BUT, God has really put some awesome people in my life, in just the right areas, and just the right ways. I wouldn't be able to maintain a bff type relationship, and nor would I want to with a hubby, three kids, and home. I can't stretch much farther. SO instead over the past 6 months or so I have become aware of the friends I have, who also are in the same position, and have learned how to maintain some really healthy relationships with out feeling drained. Through this realization I have realized I really "love" some of these girls! You know what I mean. I miss them if I haven't seen them in a couple weeks, and I really love their interesting personalities and lives. If you are reading this and you are wondering if I'm talking about you, I probably am! ((hug))This is what friendship looks like during motherhood, CONGRATULATIONS! haha

2. My husband. I always love him, but right now I am so proud of him and blah blah blah. I'm not good with the mushy love stuff. But you when you see real growth in your spouse, as a person, AND as a Christian it is sooooo wonderful. (no I'm not trying to say he had maturity problems before, but we got married at 19 for peet sakes)

3. My kids. They are... I dunno, I'm pretty affluent (ha! I meant "affluent with words!" when I went back and read this I laughed cause I'm broke as a joke!) but I can't think of a word to go here. Bryan has been in Florida all week, and not once have I wished to be aways from the homschool, potty training, fussing, and fiascoes. I have been able to really see them clearly this week. I'm TOTALLY exhausted, and completely awake and energized at the same time.

4. The most important one I saved for last. So anyone who is still reading and wants to know WHY in the world I'm so chipper, here it is. I have given up "religion". I mean it. It wasn't right for me. I have left all the rules behind and decided that I want to live my life differently. "What?" "Really?", you're thinking.
Jesus did not come to earth to give us rules, he came here to take all the man made rules, bureaucracy, legalism, hypocrisy, and Pharisaical crap and shove it right back in the face of man and Satan (the one who wants to use rules and bs to scare you away from Jesus). I am so happy because I have chosen to stop going through with "commitments", "rituals", and "superstition" that had nothing to do with the man Jesus or anything that he stood for. So I'm back to basics. I don't want anyone to think that I am saying that the church I belonged to or other churches like it were "wrong" or evil in anyway, but I think Satan was using the repetition, shallowness, and circular thought patterns that were lacking in biblical study and deeper thinking, to make me tired, let down, bored, and distracted. So there it is, you heard it here first. I'm done. And what I have already planted in place of that mess is totally changing me. Change is really scary even when it's good, but man you would not believe the stuff that has been happening around me since I made this commitment. People around me are changing, acting crazy, and weird stuff is happening. Love you guys, and I hope you have already experienced this at some point in your life. If you haven't I hope you start doing your own research. Listen to that voice, and that feeling in the pit of your stomach. Life on earth can be so much better.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad to see all the things that you're thankful for. :) I have to say, I'm impressed that you're doing so well with Bryan gone! I'm not sure that I could. Speaking of kids, I just wrote a post about homeschooling that might be of interest to you.

southsoundfamilycounseling said...

we need to talk:)

southsoundfamilycounseling said...

okay, it's christy... not south sound family counseling... that's ed:)