Monday, April 26, 2010

The Weekend in review:


Bryan is finally home. All week last week, while he was in Florida, I decided to have a "theme" for my week: "Empowering Grace". What does that mean? Well, recently I listened to some awesome teaching on the topic of grace. It was interesting to me, because the idea of grace coming from a God of the universe sounded ridiculous to me. Why? What does that even mean? Well, I'll let you do some research later if you are wondering the same thing, but one way that Christians, and only Christians who have the Holy Spirit, receive God's grace in the form of empowerment. That would be God allowing us to make it through difficult or impossible situations with out falling apart. That moment when you think "ok, I'm done, that's too much", that's when God's grace takes over the situation. It's kinda like that drive home late at night, and when you pull in the driveway you realize you don't even remember the last hour on the road....
So, knowing that I was going to be pulled in every direction through a VERY busy week with no daddy to come to the rescue at night, I decided I was going to choose to go into the week relying on "Empowering Grace".
To sum it all up, my week went perfectly well. Everyone was tired, but of course everyone was abnormally well behaved and larger amounts of housework were accomplished. I don't know what else to say, except you should try this sometime (optimally every day :)
Ok, so lots of other things have been going on. We're being tried financially, and in many other ways. We're taking things one step at a time. There are some things I don't talk about on my blog because I don't want to set it to private. But change seems to be on the horizon, AGAIN.
We are now attending services at Mars Hill, at the Federal Way campus. I have been talking about this for weeks, and probably driving everyone CRAZY. But seriously, it's good. Even if you aren't looking for a change or a church, I highly recommend clicking on the link I included here and just enjoying some good teaching.
Tah-dah! Happy Monday!

http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/religionsaves/grace

2 comments:

sarah said...

Love the sermons from Mars Hill. My cousins go there and love it and most of my old teaching pals from olympia go to the lacy one-good solid teaching. Glad you are feeling fed!

sarah said...

Hey I meant to ask you yesterday but forgot-do you still have my book captivating? I am going to do a study this summer with a friend and we are using that for part of it. if so can you bring it thursday??:) thanks