Saturday, May 8, 2010

This week has been a storm! Bryan lost his job (that's putting the circumstances into a polite view), we celebrated his 28th birthday a couple days later, and all kinds of other little things.
I'm EXHAUSTED.
I've decided not to talk publicly about the terms of Bryan's release from Kvichak at this time. Sometimes you have to let the whole thing "playout" first, ya know? But I will talk about how this has affected us individually and as a family, to God be the glory.
Crushed, devastated, shocked. Bryan has worked very hard to get to the position he was at in the company. We as a family have made lots of sacrifices.
What happens when someone uses deceit, slander, and crooked tactics to attack us and take what they want? Here is a few things I have learned this weeks:

-23Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will. -2 Timothy 2:23

This comes from a section that my bible has titled "The Unashamed Workman". This is how we are to deal with the people who oppose us in the workplace, and in other places.

I also found myself rereading Psalm 142, 143, 143

Have you ever struggled with someone managing to let struggles enter your life because of false claims made against you? It is very hard when you, if you are a Christian, work very hard to live with integrity and honesty, and THAT is exactly where Satan decides to attack you. It hurts when people purposefully damage your reputation. Trying to figure out how to save your honor and defend yourself, and learning when to walk away.

This week someone lied, threatened, and ultimately walked away with my husband's job, and the food off our table. Why? I don't know. Here's what my husband had to say about these circumstances this morning;

"A few months ago this would had really messed with me. I'm angry, but things are different now. Leading up to this: God brought us to Mars Hill, gave us some great friends, and prepared us. Now I feel like it's not that bad. Jesus suffered and died, he was innocent, and he took it, just so people like me and *** (guy who planned this whole mess) can live our lives. This pails in comparison."

1 comment:

Missy said...

Is it not amazing how God is preparing us for things even though we are so unaware of it?

Miss you my friend!