Monday, May 3, 2010

Loosing but not lost

There are pieces for a really long post that are building up in my mind. For now, because I am a little dysfunctional, I'm just going to keep it short-ish.

I want to first tell all of you a little blurb that I wrote in my prayer journal very early this morning, before I knew what was coming my way.

And I quote, uh... myself:
"Lord, please forgive me for the extreme fear and cowardice I have toward suffering as of lately. What I should be saying is 'Let it come'."

Then just a couple hours later my husband walked through the door with a paper in his hand, telling him he had been laid off. What does it mean? I dunno yet. I have some hopes, some ideas, some faith. But your prayers would be so helpful. This hurts, it really hurts. We did not see is coming, whatsoever.

Psalm 119:50
My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.



Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.
- 1 Peter 5:7-11

3 comments:

Missy said...

Maybe this is God's way of pushing you into the other direction you were telling me about last week.

praying for you my friend.

sarah said...

So sorry, Mandi! That is really tough stuff-apparently God thinks you can handle a lot because you and Brian have been through soo much together. I am praying for you, for a job quickly and for strength and peace.

Janice said...

Mandi, I'm praying for you guys. Continue to trust in Him, He is the one who can make all things happen to His glory.