Thursday, February 4, 2010

Back in Black (favorite color :)

I never thought I would say this, but I sure am in the mood for summer. I have a mad craving for barbecue and a penchant for potato salad. I wouldn't even mind a little more sunlight (just no weather above 60).
Yep, it's a sure sign that I'm either divinely motivated or loosing my mind.

So...I have a computer. I'm so so so so soooo excited. I really needed one for school, but I have writers sickness and couldn't stand to be alone with myself any longer. Now I can clear my mind once in a while. Yes, I do know how to use a pen and paper, but I don't want to explain the difference.
So, now that I have had all this time free of internet and all of it's time sucking traps, I'm having a hard time wanting to return to cyberworld. I love the blog community and have no qualms with returning here, it's all those "other places" that I'm not so sure about.
So I will have to give the others some consideration. I do highly recommend a break from reality to anyone who is considering it. Believe it or not you do not NEED a cell phone, computer, car, or instant macaroni and cheese. I made home made biscuits the other day, HOME MADE. yeah, you try that sometime

Side note: when editing, why does spell check always tell me "internet" should be capitalized? it's not a real place, or person. ?? (I'm rolling my eyes here)

3 comments:

Janice said...

My husband and I have not had a cell phone in over two years. We don't talk during the day for up to 12 hours,sometimes more. Fun huh!

sarah said...

Sooo glad you're back!!
I can tell you about internet (noticed I didn't capitalize it:)
only capitalized as a noun, but not an adj or such. I only know this because I am old and it came out while I was in my senior year of college and it made quite a stir in my teaching Language Arts class-many agree with you that it is not a "real" place.

Missy said...

Yay! Glad you are back. I took a mini-break myself and I have put time restraints on my computer time now.