Thursday, February 12, 2009

My waist-line and my night-owl

So I'm gonna keep updating about my weight loss adventure, but I'm going to start putting it at the end of each blog so I can move on to other things. For today I'll get it out of the way and say that I lost 3 more pounds. I was super excited to move my ticker again today. That was my short term goal I wanted to meet by Saturday. So my new goal is to drop into the next weight range, that would mean loosing 3 more pounds, by Saturday. Lets just see. I'm following all the rules, and I'm definitely getting full, nice.

Anyway, that been said, the real thing on my gourd today is MOVING. We get our key a week from tomorrow. I'm so excited. I think we are going refrigerator shopping on Sunday. The kids new beds and bedding arrived by UPS and are sitting in big boxes in the garage. I'm just so ready. I'm still a little nervous, just because this is a big step, but mostly just ecstatic.

Miss Lucy Clover has been quite the night owl lately. Several nights in a row she has waken for her 10 o'clock feeding (which was a time I was already struggling to get her to sleep through) and not going back to sleep until at least 12. That is longer than I can force her to stay awake during the day. I have been following the eat-wake-sleep pattern, but I can't get her to stay awake for more than and hour to hour fifteen minutes before napping. Any advise hear is helpful. I do follow Babywise, but my book is in storage and I can't reference it right now. I am going to try going back to 3 hours between feedings instead of four. That is when I started having problems and I'm wondering if she needs the extra calories.

"Lord, please bless this next week as we are waiting for our new home. The excitement and anticipation is building. We are so thankful for this time of calm in our lives. Thank You also for the difficulty that brought us here and may our lives be a testimony of Your abilities and glory. Amen."

Like I always say, "He is with me on the hill and in the Sumner Valley."

4 comments:

Jessica said...

actually I have your babywise...I 'll bring it tomorrow

sarah said...

Maybe we can talk about your diet on Tuesday at bible study!! I have been crazy busy this week and you are MOVING next week . . . yipee!! I am so excited for you!

Missy said...

How exciting for the move!
Maybe the decrease in your calories has effected Lucy and you do need to add in another feeding for her.

Ed and Christy Millard said...

hey! so at first i was like, "who's amanda hug n'kiss??" and then i realized, "Oh! it's mandy!" :) wow. anyway, love the honesty about weight loss! and i'm so excited for you with the move. hang in there with everything! the dust will settle!!