Monday, February 2, 2009

Chug-chug-chug'n along

Even good change can be so hard! Transition is rarely easy. We only have 18 days until we move into our new house, not too long. We have most everything packed and waiting. We are staying at my parents house (which is now going to be only about 10 minutes from our house!)in the meantime. Very exciting time, but the way we are all dealing with it is a little rough. It's hard to understand why, when the end is near, everyone starts to buckle. I have been predicting for a long time that this would have a difficult effect on me. It's a let-down process. It means that I am exiting survival mode and all the stress and tension from the past few YEARS is pouring in. I'm just so tired and longing for consistency. I think I have cried twice in the past week, and anyone who knows me knows that that is really crazy. I should probably put a few tears in a little bottle for proof to those around me who have often been frustrated with my lack of "feeling".
Anyway, everyone is finally returning to health. We're really doing great other than what I just mentioned. Aiden's 6th birthday is on the 18th. I can't believe that. I always go into a strange mind set this time of year. Predictably from Aiden's birthday this month through Nolan's birthday next month I will act... strange. Not depressed or sad, just off. That's why I have started the tradition of getting a new piercing during this time every year. I feel the need to do something strange and exciting, plus it is fairly symbolic. It's easy to accept physical pain when the emotional pain is much more... just MORE.
So this blog turned out to be more of a journal than anything. Lame. But there will be more exciting things to blog in the next few weeks.
Oh, and moving everything out of my mother in laws on my own the day after Bry's surgery has had the pleasant result of my loosing about 4lbs! Very encouraging since I am about ready to start working out again.

(the sermon at church yesterday was meant for me but I'm not ready to talk about it yet. Will blog about it when I'm ready.)

1 comment:

Samantha Edwards said...

:) Thanks for your thoughts! You are very sweet! I think Tom and I are going to put some of the tax refund to bills as well, but he reenlisted so his entire bonus is going there too. We've been so money stingy that I need a break :)

How's the lucky clover?