Friday, January 30, 2009

what if I say I'm not like the others...


Here is another post when I am going to be very open and honest about my feelings because that's how God has made me (for whatever his purpose is, I don't know). I don't share personal details in my blogs that would damage or hurt other people in my life, but I will disclose that there is someone in my life right now that God is allowing to test my ability to love. It's very complicated, and sad. What I am going to share is my personal feelings on difficulty and struggle, and hopefully they will be encouraging to someone else this when they read it.

Remember the poem about the footprints in the sand? It is a beautiful poem, and true in a way about leaning on Christ for strength. However, we can do all things who Christ who strengthens us, including stand on our own two feet in times of stress and difficulty. I have made a choice several years ago, that when difficulty/tragedy/stress comes that I am going to be "different" from the rest of the world. I am going to continue to choose joy and praise. There will be times when I feel angry, sad, or hurt, but I am still going to give those times to Christ for His glory. I literally stop and tell myself, "don't let Satan have this, this situation, this life of mine... it always belongs to Jesus". It's a conscious decision, and when we don't choose Christ and we stay in our own personal suffering we aren't honoring God. As soon as I directly give my sorrow (and I will still probably feel sad or hurt) to Christ I am empowered, and I know that there is purpose and healing there. He will always help me take a stand.

So if any of you are struggling with something right now I challenge you to choose who your circumstances belong to, who are you doing it for. It's very hard to worry or crumble when you are flying the banner of Jesus.

"Lord, today I beg you for strength and wisdom. Help me to say and do the right things. Give me supernatural love. Amen.'

"... what if I say I'll never surrender..."

1 comment:

God Made Playdough said...

Thank you so much for this reminder!!! I made myself a sign a little while back that said, "choose joy". I have really learned this past year, what a choice that really is. I needed this reminder right now! Thank you!!!!!!