Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Blurg-blog

Here it is, time again for a post full of honesty and real life issues. I confess I haven't been up to my usual par for blogging, my mind has been further occupied. There is a situation that has been underlying and growing for months and it is finally coming to the point where I am having trouble seeing around it in order to perform everyday tasks. It is a money issue, and an issue with Bryan's job. I don't want to be to specific because I don't want to turn to complaining, and I don't want to over step my bounds as far as sharing private information is concerned.
So here's what it comes to... the outcome of this situation affects so many aspects of my life that I have run out of ways to plan around it. My home, my family's well being, my ability to minister to others the way God is directing me, and so much more.
When it comes to these type of material dilemmas I get so frustrated. What is it I expect? Perfect comfort on an imperfect earth? No, but what about my children? Should they have to suffer? Is this really just an issue that my worrying and fretting has blown out of proportion, or is there really some loss heading my way.
Yes, God does provide peace and comfort in all situations; through his word and the daily commune and renewal with the Holy Spirit.
The trouble is I'm a thinker. A person of process and method. "What does this mean?" "what am I supposed to do?" When I believe so strongly that there is a purpose to everything, not on the condition of my understanding, I can't avoid the thought that this too has purpose. So I rethink it over and over, wondering what I should be doing differently and hoping God will soon break His silence on the subject.

2 comments:

Missy said...

We too struggle with financial issues. Being a SAHM can be hard. Adding homeschooling to our equation has not made it any easier for those questions.

It is hard to rely on God's providence, but as we have learned in the last 2yrs, He does provide. It may not be right now or on your terms, but He does. Sometimes we have to do things He wants us to do, before He provides.

I'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my sweet Mandy. I hear and feel your pain. It's so easy to get caught up in the complaining and self pity. I'm a pro. God is working on me, too. So often I think "if I were just working" or "what am I doing wrong?". Ultimately, He shows me that it's my lack of complete BLIND faith. I trust to a point, and then try to take matters into my own hands. It just doesn't work. His way is perfect. Not "almost" or "a little lacking"....perfect. Just dying to myself and trusting his PERFECT ways....BLINDLY!! Not knowing what next week, or even tomorrow, will bring. (I'm totally preaching to myself here!)

Just remember the birds of the air and the lilies of the fields....

Keep your head up. He is faithful!!