Friday, October 10, 2008

The date has been set!!

The Baby Sprinkle for Lucy Clover will be Sunday November 9th! I will be sending out evites so make sure I have your email. Remember, this is a sprinkle... not a shower! I really just want to get together and celebrate with my friends. The plan is that the party will be at my mom's house (she is hosting). I gave her my input on what I would like, but she is in charge. So if anyone wants to be involved or has questions you'll have to call her. The evites will go out in a week or two.
On the subject of babies, I am making the transition to appointments every 2 weeks instead of once a month. I can't believe I am already to this point. This time my appointment is actually 3 weeks apart because it evens it out and I have an ultrasound, glucose test, and Rh test before the next appointment. Eeek! That means I get my Rogam shot at my next appointment, ouch! That is probably the biggest needle I have ever been stuck with. I think it's just to prep me for the IV and epidural (I luuuuuv my epidural).
Also on the subject of babies, my Jack isn't sleeping very well. He never has been a good sleeper, but things aren't getting better. He had colic when he was little, and has never established good sleeping patterns (yes I tried babywise). The past couple weeks he has been waking at about 4am and can't go back to sleep. I have been officially getting up for the day at about 4:45, that's too early for pregnant me! I am starting to really wonder if he may have acid reflux. Does anyone know any natural remedies for this (before I let the Dr try to drug him)? I'm nervous to let him sleep with a pillow yet, he isn't even 2. Any advice would be appreciated!

"Lord, thank you for this laid back morning. Thank you that both my kids are being so calm this morning. Help me to bask in all the anticipation and joy of this season. I feel so blessed today. Amen."

3 comments:

Keren said...

I second the "amen" for epidurals!! :) Especially when you have a 3rd degree tear that needs to be sewn up! I have 2 friends struggling with acid reflux babies, Im not sure if its any different because they are only a few months old compared to Jackson whos almost 2 but if you go to my blog and click the blog that says "Anticipating Dane-ger" she has blogged a few times about her son and his reflux problesms/remedies...I have it pretty bad as well and it STINKS!! I couldnt imagine putting a infant/toddler through it as I can barely handle it...I cant wait for the 9th!

God Made Playdough said...

I don't know if Jackson is having this problem or not, but a couple months ago, Rylie was having trouble sleeping and it was because she has allergies and wasn't breathing well. We gave her some over the counter allergy medicine before bed and she was able to breathe much better, thus sleep much better.
Anna has acid reflux and she's on zantac, which helps a ton. The only non medicine route I know is to make sure he's not eating foods which would agrivate it, ecspecially before bed (tomatoes, etc.). The other thing would be to elevate the head of his bed somehow.
What happens if you try just leaving him in bed instead of getting him up? If they are sharing a room, I know that's really hard! There has been a few times when I would have liked to leave Anna in her bed to eventually go back to sleep, but I knew she was disrupting Rylie's sleep, so I got her up. It's a hard call!
I'm getting ready to email you back about the mops stuff! :)
I love the idea of a sprinkle!

Sarah said...

My little guy Henry had reflux for nearly his first two years. They make a wedge pillow that is more like a foam wedge than a pillow. Its firm so there is no danger with it. Henry used his until about a year ago (when he was nearly three) and it helped A LOT. (He was also on prilosec for two years.) I got it at Target, I believe, in the baby section. Our ped recommended it. When he was an infant, he literally slept every night in his baby swing (with it not moving) just so he could be slanted upright. Otherwise he could not sleep.

Good luck!