Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Nasal showers and baby showers

Finally everyone is healthy (aside from seasonal allergies)! I got the cure for my ongoing congestion problem yesterday, part from Jessica, and part from my mom. Jessica suggested that I get real sudafed at the pharmacy instead of that weak substitute they put on the shelf. Before I even got home from Target I could hear and breathe! Then my mom brought me this crazy sinus rinse kit. Seriously, it sounds ridiculous/gross, but it WORKED. It is the kind where you sprinkle the little packet into the weird bottle and then spray it in your nose until it comes out the other side. It sounds uncomfortable... but it's not! I woke up this morning with no congestion. ((sigh)) Finally!!
Last night was Jessica's baby shower. She got lots of cute stuff. It was nice to see everyone from Valley. It got me psyched for MOPS to start next week. It sounds like there are several things we still need to pray for for that ministry. I am so hopeful that things are going to go well because I know there are soooo many moms/babies in that church. Mom's need to be ministered to! But I have a lot of confidence that God will put the pieces together.
I am also pretty amped for my own baby sprinkle! My mom and I are going to sit down and do a little planning for that tomorrow. I hope it's not selfish to have a "baby shower" for each baby, even if it's the 4th. In some ways I do have quite a few needs because Jack hasn't finished with some of his things, and everything we have is boy stuff. I don't want everyone to go overboard, but I do want to celebrate! I have several fun ideas for my shower, and I want to make it really enjoyable for anyone who comes (I don't want it to be all about me).
On that note, if I don't have your email and you want to come hang out Sunday November 9th, make sure I get it asap!
I'm off to bible study this morning, and REALLY looking forward to it as usual. I am soooo blessed with my discussion table. I like not choosing where I sit, that way I am guaranteed to get put with the right people ;) There were a few ladies I was secretly praying would be at my table because I really want to get to know them. Yay yay yay!

"Lord, bless this day with both productivity and rest. Help my boys to be calm, kind and obedient. Thank you for this season of contentment in my life, even though so many things remain unseen. Thank you for everything I am learning from Apostle Paul and the letter to the Philipians, your Word is so complete. Open doors today. Amen."

-I forgot to mention, the ultrasound went great!

No comments: