Tuesday, December 16, 2008

... and we're still rolling....

Yesterday was a pretty interesting day. We headed to see the doc in the morning. Everyone was so excited, although Bryan and I kept emphasizing that there was a good chance we were just going to get sent home.
This little girl is so ornery. She was, yet again, transverse (sideways), but this time in the opposite direction. Even Finley found it amusing that she was able to move that much.
He pushed her a little with two fingers and "oh look, she's head down now."
"What?"
Bryan laughed.
So obviously she won't stay that way. Weird. Although she was pretty low when I went to bed. Finley said that if I go into labor she will most likely turn the right way.
So that was that. No need to go to the hospital to do a version on a baby that is just going to keep spinning.
He also moved my cut off (induction) to December 29. Yes, that's the day BETWEEN Jack's and my birthdays.
I told Finley how miserable I am, and about the contractions and show. He smiled. "The only way to feel better is to go into labor."
Yes, thank you. I know.
Anyway, so he didn't check me. He is leaving on Saturday for a week long skiing trip with his family. I don't go back again until Monday the 29th... the cut off day.
In my opinion Lucy should come out this week while her the dr is still around and be home in time for Christmas. It may be selfish but I'm going to be praying for that. It would give me all of Christmas break to recover. During that time my mother in law and Aiden will be on vacation. Everyone will already be "around", like Bryan and my dad won't be traveling.

Did I mention that my mom and brother came back very late last night from Indiana and brought my grandma with them! I am really hoping to see her today, and glad she can be here for both the holidays and Lucy's birth.

"Lord, thank you again for this time of year. Thank you for the safe travels of my family over the past few weeks. Thank you also for my doctor. I really love him and his kind nature, I know it comes from you. I pray that you will help my to relax, because I know that you already know when Lucy's first and last days will be.Also give Jen courage and peace today as she goes through labor to meet her new little son, Dayton. I know she waited a long time for him. Amen."

3 comments:

Michelle said...

She sure is keeping you on your toes! Although with both of our current shapes, I don't think we could balance on our toes if we tried. I hope Lucy decides to come this week. Megan is very likely coming tomorrow- I can't believe it!

sarah said...

I keep checking to see if you have had the little darling!! Too bad it is so stinking cold you could walk. My sister always walked 5 miles to put herself in labor.
I will miss you all at the Tea today. Jackers has been running a fevor (I think teeth), but never too sure. I am praying that little lady comes ASAP! It is amazing to me that God already knows her birthday not matter what day the doctor says he will induce!

Samantha Edwards said...

tell that munchkin to get out here! keeley needs a play buddy! i do too! i cant play with mandy when she has a big belly!


:) Tom called me yesterday and when I answered I was like, "Tommy Tu Tu!"
he got kinda mad :P