Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Post Partum Intellegencer


This could be our new home. Still waiting to hear the final word. Probably find out today (thought it would be yesterday).

So I decided I could blog about life post partum with three kids. I like having three kids. It is the right number for us. In my opinion adding a third has been much easier than adding the second. I was really caught off guard by my pregnancy and it took me a while to adjust. I had just lost so much weight before getting pregnant I was sad about gaining it back. However, being in pretty good shape beforehand is really paying off now. I did gain about 30lbs. But now I am only 12 lbs over my before weight. It took much longer to get close with the other kids, and the numbers were higher to begin with. Wearing normal jeans is nice.
I'm not as hardcore about breast feeding either. I'm having trouble making enough milk. I'm just gonna play that one by ear.
She is a pretty good sleeper. I think she will sleep through the night when she has her own room. I anyone has monitor they wouldn't mind loaning out for a couple months please let me know. I really don't want to buy one.
We're going to take it easy this week aside from going to MOPS. Despite the last couple weeks we are doing pretty good. "no, Superman does good. You do well." (sorry, I couldn't help it. i can't resist a Tracy Jordan quote. Holler to all the 30 Rock fans out there!)

Here is a little list of things we are looking to buy, or if anyone can loan them that would be great (very gently used or new only) We could probably get them off Craislist, but would pay a friend before paying a stranger:

2 toddler or twin size beds (preferably matching or they will fight)
baby monitor
permanent or mounting baby gate
refridgerator
washer and dryer

So yes, we may end up getting this stuff new or off craigslist, but we have until Feb 20th (if everything goes through) So any leads are appreciated!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How exciting about the house! I can't type much one-handed here, but: I agree about adding a 3rd being easier than adding a 2nd (even though everyone told me that; I didn't believe it), and we have a gate you can have & a toddler & twin bed frame (w/o mattress) you could borrow. Email me if you're interested.

Jessica said...

Oh so thats what you said on the phone " superman does well..." I didn't quite catch that LOL. The house looks almost like mine, only the color and the portch is different. Very cool!! I also have a gate, it screw into the wall and you can open it and step thru. Let me know, we can't use it in our house.

Sarah said...

Cute house! Looks new -- that is a super bonus when you don't have the time and money to fix-er-up!
So glad to read about adding that third child...since its only a matter of time for us too. I only wish I could blame my waistline on pregnancy...LOL

Sarah