Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Artsy Crafty


Pregnancy really does strange things to me. I'm not usually a crafty person. I like to draw and paint, but that's about it.
This morning when I woke up, I opened my eyes and the first thought in my brain was "I want to go to Ben Franklin". I was laying there thinking about making decorative wall hangings for the kids rooms. That may have something to do with us settling on a name for the baby (that is if our predictions are proven correct). And if you read my blog yesterday you probably would have gotten the hint that I am nesting pretty badly and have no "nest" of my own for several more months. So I guess the next best thing to decorating a nursery would be making things for the baby.
Now I am on a rampage. I am going to head to Borders first to get some decorating books and then to Ben Franklin to get a craft started. Sooooo unlike me.

Anybody else ready for the rain today? I am. I'm not a summer person and all I can think about lately is "only six more weeks 'til FALL". Summer is just too cheerful for me. I like weather that is a little more dark and introspective. Summer is too conducive to social interaction and outdoorsmanship. Ha ha. And don't misunderstand me, I don't like cold dreary weather because I like to be sad or depressed, it just happens to have the opposite effect on me. I like fire places, hot drinks, short days, and that smell outside. Ahh.

Sorry, I digress there for a minute. Time to go find a craft!

"Lord, help me to be a productive wife and mom today. Not just by doing busy work, but by meeting the needs of my family.
Thank you for rainy days. Thank you for the chance for catching up on laundry, reading lots of books , and staying at home that rainy days bring. Bless us today, in all the ways that we are seeking you. Amen".

3 comments:

Keren said...

"Lord, I also pray for Mandi and her new little baby growing inside her, I pray that the ultrasound today will reveal no problems and we will finally get to know if shes having a little boy or little girl!" :) ...keep me posted girl, Love you!

Keren said...

...also I still have 3 canvas' I need to paint..if you want to have a crafty day together let me know, you are an expert on painting and Ive never done it before...I know what I want to paint I just need to get off my butt and get the paint colors and brushes!! But you have motivated me to get back to work and finish Jacobs room!

Apryl said...

I totally agree that pregnancy does strange things to you! Hope all is well. You look so cute! Kinda makes me miss that lil belly....ok, maybe not that much! Can't wait to hear what you are having!