Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm Just Glad It's Not Monday







Another day at home. Bryan took the truck again today, and I am stuck. But I am really going to be lazy today, because I finished the laundry yesterday and we are going to have a really busy weekend starting tomorrow. My poor kids are so bored, but tomorrow they will get to spend the day with their cousins. Bryan and I are going to Cape Disappointment tomorrow so that he can sign for the boat when it gets delivered. He will have to go back down on Monday for the actual delivery to the Coast Guard.

I go a letter from my Doctor yesterday (I just opened it this morning) and the results of my lab work came back. They said I am extremely anemic, and I now have to take an extra 3 iron supplements per-day on top of the iron in my prenatal!! 3!! I am going to do my best in hopes of feeling a little better and getting rid of the headaches I have been having. Bummer. 3.


I was trying to come up with a color scheme for the baby's room/bedding yesterday, because I am planning on doing a lot of it myself. So I posted some pictures of some really awesome nurseries that I found online. What do you think? I am excited to share some of my projects as they come along. They will be little because we don't have much space right now. We won't really do big nursery stuff until we move in the spring.


I haven't talked about food very much lately, mostly because I haven't been doing a lot of cooking. So today I am going to feature 3 EASY things for mom's who are tired, busy, pregnant, or in a hurry.

Barbecue Chicken and Ham Rolls:
What you need- thinly cut boneless skinless chicken breasts, thick sliced deli ham, BBQ sauce, and toothpicks
Lay a slice of deli ham on a chicken breast, roll from one end to the other and stick a toothpick through it. Repeat with as many chicken breasts as you are planning to use. Place all chicken/ham rolls in baking dish. Poor bottle of BBQ sauce over the rolls to cover them completely. Cover dish with lid or foil. Bake covered 375 degrees for about 25 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake another 10-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked inside and out.
Serve with your favorite style of potatoes.


Taco Salad:
Everybody knows how to make taco salad!! But here is a list of what I put in mine-
Organic ground beef cooked with taco seasoning, cheddar cheese, Texas Style Ranch Beans, whole kernel canned corn, crunched Doritos, lettuce, Catalina salad dressing.


Bacon Ranch Club Pasta Salad:
Your preferred pasta salad noodle (spiral, shell, wagon wheel, macaroni, etc) mixed with-
freshly cooked and crumbled bacon, grilled chicken chopped or cubed, thickly cut deli turkey (honey is great) chopped, cheddar cheese shredded or cubed, ranch dressing (bottle is fine but homemade from a packet tastes best)

So there you have it. Not glamorous, but life so often isn't. I hope I have given you some ideas. And from my experience this is stuff guys like for some reason, and the salads make really good lunches to take to work the next day.
I am sure I will get more creative once the season changes. I'm a little burnt out on summertime in general. Fall is really my favorite time of year, and I am excited to share some of my favorite meals, drinks and snacks. Mmmmm. warm fall food, I can smell it now. ((sigh))



"Lord, please help me to see this day at home as a chance to relax and enjoy my kids. I also know that sometimes what I think is going to be a normal day can turn out to be something else. I will take each moment one at a time. Give me patience to be in the house with these boys again today, I know I'm gonna need it. Amen."

No comments: