Saturday, July 26, 2008

I like mornings

Mornings are probably my favorite time of day. I try to get up before my kids, although pregnancy and having early bird children make it tricky lately. I think most kids wake up earlier during the summer. I always look forward to fall (which is hands down my favorite month anyway)and shorter days so they will go back to the old routine.
Anyway, I like mornings because I am an introvert and I need quiet time to sit and think. It probably looks weird, because I can just stare out a window, or sit at the kitchen table with my coffee. I've been doing this as long as I have been a mom.
This morning I was thinking about a dear friend of mine who had a special treatment for thyroid cancer yesterday. I thought about a lot of the things she has taught me. I thought about how right now I have no sage advice for her the way she has always had for me when we have gone through like experiences. She is so beautiful, please everyone pray for her this morning that she won't have to be quarantined from her family ever again. I know she's brave, but it hurts just to think about her being alone.
I was also thinking about our family getting bigger. I love my Aiden and Jack so much. I have been pretty out of touch with this pregnancy. Maybe because it is my 4Th and it just feels like I have been pregnant 5 years strait. Or maybe it was the losses leading up to this pregnancy that have made it difficult for me to believe or feel excited. I dunno. But every once in a while it dawns on me. And I have a moment of joy. You know, not happiness, but JOY. I don't know what else to say.
Anyway, this all turned out to be really sappy (something I can only achieve with help of pregnancy hormones).
Yesterday I felt like a super hero. That super-high-energy part of pregnancy has really set in. I got up at 5. By eight we were dressed and on our way. We went to the bank, the grocery, and Borders (our favorite hang out). Then after coming home to drop off the groceries we loaded back up and went back to Top Foods because Aiden left his DS there. Then we went to the post office. I came home and did all the prep work for dinner, put away all our clean clothes. Cleaned the bedrooms and bathrooms. Cleaned the kitchen. I did lots of odds and ends. Fed the kids, gave them baths, and finally sat down at about 6:30. This isn't to brag, because anyone who knows me knows that I am not like this everyday. It is one of those freak things that will probably happen often over the past few months. I'm always organized, but that doesn't mean that I try to do everything all in one day!
I hope everyone has a lovely summer day, even though it will probably be cloudy.

"Lord, thank you for our children. Even though the time we may spend with them here may be short. They are one of the ways you have taught us about real joy. And I know that is because of you. Help us to be loving parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and friends today. Amen"


Here is one last little tidbit for today. I have been trying to teach Jack how to spell his name, J-A-C-K. Well, his interpretation is K-K-K. Not joking. I have been really annunciating the "jaaaay", but we haven't quite fixed it yet. Oh dear.

1 comment:

Keren said...

Way to go Mandi!! I love the days where I feel accomplished!! ...btw I've never heard of the "pot office" ..you know you shouldnt be doing that while youre pregnant! :) j/k I know what you meant!