Friday, July 25, 2008

I have internet!

I'm back from the dark ages before Al Gore invented the Internet. I have really missed sharing little personal moments with all of you. It's just as well, though, because I have been really out of it and just seem to have recovered yesterday.
First of all, I must thank my mom for my personal recovery from gloom. She bought me a new cappuccino maker last weekend and it has done wonders for my morning routine.
Secondly, I thank all the people at Quest Diagnostics for taking about a litre of my blood yesterday. Going to the lab in Puyallup was the first "alone time" I have had in weeks. And by the time I went back to get my kids I was smiling. I was just... happy. And that's when I realized I haven't had any quiet time to regenerate in weeks. I really need to have outings alone more often.
Anyway, this is all just rambling. Congratulations to Keren on the birth of her daughter Norah this past week. Congrats also to Michelle who found out she is expecting a girl in December, and also to Jen who found out she is having a boy also in December!
And as for me, well, we think we know what we are having. I had an ultrasound last week. But I'm not going to go completely public with that yet. I just want to be sure. I'm having another scan in a few weeks. But I will say that baby seems to be healthy and appears to have KIDNEYS and plenty of amniotic fluid!! This gives everyone a chance to vote or change their vote. I'm going to try to post a picture from the u/s that may help your guesses if you are good at seeing those things.
Moving on to one of my other kids.... Aiden is getting signed up for Kindergarten!! I filled out his paper work, and just got a new copy of his birth certificate in the mail. I can't hardly believe it's just a few weeks away! I am so excited for him. I know this is something a lot of moms cry over and struggle with, but I'm really not. I loved kindergarten and I am so excited that he is going to begin a new journey in the world. I can't wait for him to learn how to read, and have new friends. I'm just so happy for him. We are doing school shopping in two weeks. This is going to be so fun. crayons, and paper, and new clothes and shoes! So fun.
I have so many other things I would love to blog about, but I don't want to make it too long. So now that everyone has been updated I am going to go back to writing about day to day things that all of you either find helpful or boring. I've really been wanting to revisit the topic of finances, so I'm sure that will be happening soon (so anyone who finds that topic uncomfortable BEWARE)

"Lord. bless the poor in spirit today. Some of us are weary of our day to day routines. Some are facing new challenges. Some are having health problems. I pray that your will be done and that you would provide peace to all those who need it today. Hold my friends close. Amen."

2 comments:

Keren said...

alright girly...where are those u/s pics youre going to post...Im dying to take a "guess"!!!

Amanda Hug'n Kiss said...

I'm having a hard time posting the pics. They were originally uploaded on my moms computer so I have to figure out how to steal them from another place that I posted them. Please hold...