Sunday, July 27, 2008

I've been waiting for this sermon all week!

I just want to challenge all my girls out there to do something really nice and unexpected for your husbands this week. We have been talking about marriage in church the past few weeks, and last week was about understanding men's needs. So yesterday Bryan had to work (on Saturday) and I decided to do something for him. I went and bought him these really nice shoes he had been wanting for work, but didn't have the money for. I do the budget so I just made it fit. I just set them on the bed so he would see them when he got home. Not only did it make his day, but it made mine too. Now he has snazzy new shoes to wear on his business trip this week..
So what you should do right now is come up with a plan. It works best if it is something that is totally surprising coming from you (for example I am really tight with money so buying those shoes for him out of the blue was shocking). Ideas: mow the lawn while he is at work, rent his favorite movie (even if it wreaks of testosterone) or take him on a surprise trip to Renton Motor Sports (just to look of course).

I know how we tend to think, ladies. We are sitting around waiting for him to do or say the perfect romantic thing. But while we are waiting we forget to show him special attention. If you want his undivided attention sometimes you have to go out of your way to get it.
And one last idea on the same subject. Next time you are at the grocery stock up on romantic and supportive cards. If he has a long day at work pull out an "I support you" card and leave it on his pillow. If its just some random day, leave him a sappy "I love you"card. Trust me, he'll appreciate this more than you can guess (even if he stinks at showing it).
So Today's topic at church is understanding women's needs. I'm so excited! Bryan actually has the day off so he can go with me!! If there is anyone out there who doesn't already have plans for this morning this is your formal invite to Bethany Baptist on South Hill. We go to the service that starts at 10:00am. I'm really excited about this one.

"Lord bless this day with my family. Help us to soak up and enjoy every moment together. Please help my kids to obey in their Sunday School classes!
Provide for us in the week ahead, and continue to open doors. And when difficulties come along give us peace and help us to never stop learning. Amen"

No comments: