Friday, November 14, 2008

Can you put children in the dishwasher?

So I just thought I would share a little bit of the weirdness going on in my brain this morning.
My first thoughts upon waking up centered around my desire to go grocery shopping. ? Today is grocery day for us, but because Bry is sick and I drove him to work this morning I am going to wait until he is home. So then I started cleaning like I'm on the clock or something. You could eat off any surface in our bathroom. I put half the kids tub toys in the dishwasher and ran it at "high heat" and threw the other half away (they smelled funny). The wash machine has also been working really hard this morning. I have pretty much washed anything I can find.
I balanced our budget for the next two weeks, cut coupons, swept, made all the beds, etc.
I have officially lost my mind. I had promised myself I wasn't going to start "nesting frenzy" until after Thanksgiving (36weeks), but this week I already washed and organized all of Lucy's clothes. I still haven't messed with any of her big items (bed, swing, bouncy seat, etc) so hopefully those things really will wait.
Did I mention that the other day I made jalapeno poppers and ate them swamped in raspberry jam?

"Dear Lord, thank you for my family and the home we live in. There are so many times when all I can think about is what I want or what I think will make me happy. How foolish I am. I know that you have blessed me beyond my needs in so many ways, and I have to stop looking at my life through worldly eyes. Thank you for my husband, and thank you that after over 8 years together we are so in love. Thank you for my two awesome sons, and thank you for the surprise gift you have given us with our daughter. Thank you . Amen."

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You kind of sound like me today! I'll be grocery shopping soon, I've cleaned the bathroom, kitchen, and washed every piece of clothing that could possibly be dirty. Now if only I could find the motivation to fold the mountains of clean clothes! All my baby stuff is ready, too. I think I'd be ready if she came tomorrow. About one more month though...

Samantha Edwards said...

jalepeno poppers...and raspberry jam....

the only reason why i'll let this go is the fact that you're pregnant...