Friday, November 21, 2008

I have a prayer request...

As most of you know, we have been hoping/planning to move out and get our own place after the first of the year. We have been making lots of progress in reaching our financial recovery goals over the past few months. However, I am feeling a little down today, because some new challanges have been added, all at once!
I got a bill from Children's Hospital (Autism/neuro clinic), another from St Joseph's (ultrasound from before my deductible was met, ouch!), and another from the city of Cheektowaga NY (pertaining to the closing on the short sale of our house), I also found out how much it is going to cost for Bryan's prescription he got yesterday (he has been trying to quit chewing tobacco and it has been making him REALLY SICK), and he has an "operation" scheduled for January (which our insurance doesn't really pay for).
WHY!!!??? I hate money. Really.
I haven't totaled it up, but it is going to be a couple thousand dollars in the end.
So the reason I had to come vent and ask for prayer isn't because I want miraculous financial healing (which would rock), but because most of all I want to have a heart of contentment and patience. I want our own place SO BAD! Let's face it, I'm nesting, and there is no better way to ruffle a mother hen's feathers than put her somewhere where there is no place for her new baby to sleep! (poor Mary, seriously, at least we're not dealing with a stable here)
So, please friends, pray for my family. We are, as always, a three ring circus. I love my life, full of joy and sorrow, because I know God has created a masterpiece for His glory (eventhough it looks like "modern art" to me). But I am in real need of a little extra peace. Also pray for wisdom in dealing with all these situations, including whether or not we are going to be able to move out after the first of the year.

"Lord, thank you for teaching me that material things have no fulfillment. Thank you also for taking care of my children, they have always had a warm place to sleep, even when it wasn't what I hoped it would be. Please remind me to be THANKFUL, especially this next week, instead of trying to come up with a way to get more. Please also help all the other families around me in need. I recognize that we are not the only ones who struggle. I know I have several friends out there who have needs right now, please show them mercy and surprise them with Your blessings.
This is the part where I trust You with the rest.
Amen."

"...it's only a flesh wound." -Monty Python in Search of the Holy Grail

1 comment:

tscarter7 said...

I know waiting is hard but I will pray for you to have peace and contentment while you wait for your own place!
I totally understand what you mean about nesting with no place to nest! I never got to do a "nursery" for either of my babies. When Hannah was born, we had 3 kids in one room and 2 in another. Not much space for all the frilly girlie stuff I longed to do. But God knew best and He knows your heart's desire. Keep trusting! PS LOOOOVE the Monty Python quote! :)