Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Teeth

We had a fun Halloween. The kids did great and brought home lots of candy.
What made it a really special day was actually something I didn't expect. Before heading over to my mom and dad's (Nana and Poppa's) for dinner and trick or treat, Aiden casually mentioned to me that one of his teeth was "wobbly". It really was. I'm not sure how long his tooth had been loose, but it was really loose.I made sure everyone left it alone, I knew Bryan would try to convince him to tie it to a door knob or something.
Anyway, so after our long walk around the neighborhood we went back to my parents with our loot.
Aiden who is not only smart but funny, decided if he ate the just the right candy it would make his tooth come right out.
So he dumped a box of nerds in his mouth. He was crunching them like a cat. Then after what seemed like an unreasonably long amount of time to chew had gone by, the expression on his face changed. My mom and I both jumped at him calling "spit it out! spit it out!". And there it was, not a nerd, but a little white tooth. Probably the first tooth that had ever popped through his gums.


He was so proud. He told everyone he saw on Saturday about is tooth and the "two dollar bills" the tooth fairy and left him.


So that was all fun and wonderful, but there was a downside to the evening. Apparently with all the good pregnancy hormones I have going on right now, one of the side effects can be VERY loose hip joints. I honestly think my right leg was out of the socket by the time I got home. I was so close to heading to the E.R. I couldn't move it and it was excruciatingly painful. However Tylenol and a couple days off my feet seem to have healed it. I'm just going to be more careful from now on. Too much walking, I guess.



"Thank you Lord for my children and all the joyful experiences they bring!"

1 comment:

God Made Playdough said...

I love the Bob and Larry costumes! Too cute! Looking forward to seeing you Tuesday!