Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Random thoughts are the best I can do today

I can't believe I still haven't posted the baby shower pics! They are on my mom's computer, so next time I go over there I will be sure to upload them.

Anyway, can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving?! Aiden starts his break on Tuesday (a week from today) He has been doing so well lately, we have been so impressed at the changes he has been making. He still has tough days, but nothing too crazy. I know he will probably have some rough patches, especially over Christmas break, but I am just thankful for the progress.

I took him to Tyler's 4th birthday party Sunday, and he managed himself the whole time. He didn't even through a tantrum when it was time to leave. He wasn't able to stay in the room when all the other kids were playing games, but he found himself a quiet place to play and defused on his own, no help from me! We stayed an hour, which is a record for us. After the party we went to his grandpa's for dinner, and had no problems there either! I was amazed.

He also brought home an award for reading excellence last week, complete with the Principal's signature and a certificate for Pizza Hut!He also got a hair cut on Saturday, I will be sure to add some new pics of both the boys later (he's not home right now). Have I ever mentioned that Aiden gets hives? Oh my, when he's mad, tired, around pets, in the sun or too hot, and when he gets a hair cut. He had hives all afternoon after that hair cut. I gave him benadryl but they didn't' really go away until the next day. Poor guy, but he still didn't loose his cool. When we were at Kid Kuts there was a little girl (about 2) who was crying during her quick trim, Aiden looked at her and said "that girl is crying, I don't cry when I get my hair cut." I shot him the "don't be rude" look (which he never picks up on) and said "yeah, when you were her age we wouldn't have been able to bring you here, you were so much worse!" The little girl's mom and dad looked at me appreciatively.

So that's the up-to-date report on Aiden. I haven't been writing about him much lately because "no news is good news". Here are a couple of fun Aiden anecdotes for everyone who enjoys his extensive vocabulary.



Aiden: "Alyssa tried to kiss me on the playground."

me: "You better be careful because you know kissing is against the rules and you will probably get in trouble."

Aiden: "I know, I'm just gonna have to break her little heart."





(while sitting on a footstool at his grandpa's house)

Aiden: "I'm sitting on my tuffet."



"Lord, thank you for making Aiden so different. You have always known what a fan I am of different."

1 comment:

tscarter7 said...

What a guy your little Aiden is! The kids and I remember when we used to babysit him during Bible Study at VBC. What a great kid! Love him!(and ya, he probably will break some hearts, such a cutie!) :)