Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I won! (Warning: PG-13)

I had such a great weekend. Saturday I went on a trip to Downtown Seattle with my mom. It was a benefit for Children's Hospital. I was also the lucky winner of a raffle on the trip. I won a huge basket of organic non-toxic home cleaning products. I was soooo happy because it was full of things we already use. Also , I don't know if I have mentioned before that Aiden likes to do a lot of cleaning. He uses the "GreenWorks" products by Clorox. So I knew he was going to be thrilled. It was really cool because I NEVER win things, and in this case I felt like I was probably the person who would appreciate the prize most.
Sunday afternoon was my baby sprinkle. I LOVED it!! I will be talking more about that when I get the pics uploaded!

So there is one other story I wanted to take time to share today, but beware... it's mushy. You probably all know I am not one of those mushy love people, I have a bubble. But I think it's really important to brag about our husbands once in a while so they will know how much we really appreciate them. If Bryan does something and it impresses me enough to tell my friends, then he really feels proud.
Monday night, I was feeling so miserable. My gallbladder has been bothering me, plus every time I lay down my stomach tries to empty itself. Ugh. Bryan had been moping because I had been gone doing fun things all weekend and he hadn't received any attention from me. (Warning:TMI ahead) And as many of you know or can guess, pregnancy isn't the best time for "intimacy". So he was really moping. But I felt absolutely miserable. I knew this made him even more disappointed, all I wanted to do was go to sleep.
I tried to lay down in bed to sleep, but I couldn't. I felt so sick. He noticed I was sitting up and asked me what was wrong. I told him how I was feeling, and mentioned that having a Lazy Boy or a recliner of some kind would have been awesome. Well, we don't have a recliner. He must have genuinely felt sorry for my condition, because despite the fact that he was going to have to get up at 4:30 in the morning to go to work, he sat up in bed with a couple pillows behind him and let me lean against him, like a real lazy boy. I fell asleep that way, but I don't think he was very comfortable. But he toughed it out until I was ready to lay on my side at about 3 in the morning. When I woke up in the morning I was so in love. I felt like he had rescued me. I do try to appreciate him on a daily basis, and let him know that I notice how hard he works. He is my favorite person. He is the reason why I love my kids so much! I probably shouldn't tell you, but... I think he was feeling pretty appreciated the next day ;)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Aw thats so sweet of him!! Isn't it great to be blessed with such wonderful men!