Friday, December 4, 2009

Dream Skinny Jeans

The end of the Year is coming and I am officially looking for some new fitness buddies. Here's what I plan to do and you can to:

- "Shred" with Jiliian Micheals. You can get yours at Target for $10-14. With it you will need a very small set of hand weights and some comfy sneakers.

- Sign up on the website of your choice to find out your BMI to decide what your weight loss goal is going to be. For example I base mine on a weight that in in the middle of my healthy weight range that I know I can maintain. I know that I will never be healthy at 105lbs so I would never make that my goal. You can also find one with online progress trackers and other fun things.

-Work out (Shred) at least 5 days a week. Evenings after the kids are in bed is what gets me the best results. It also helps keep my hormones in check.

- I'm going to try to detox from sugar, starches, carbs, and gluten. Why do I do that over and over? Because it works, although if you slip up the craving will return. It also makes me feel SO much better and gives me more energy.

-Take your vitamins everyday.

-Find things that keep you busy during the day so you don't go circles around the house thinking about your diet.

-Keep a notebook around to vent in.


You're probably wondering, why now? it's almost Christmas? Well, I would rather start exercising now instead of gaining ten more pounds over the holiday that I have to loose in January. Don't worry, no guilt here, just encouragement. I like the buddy system. This will hardly cost you any money and you will see a difference in DAYS.

Leave me a comment, email, facebook, of text if you're interested. I'll blog/facebook my progress regularly for those who need encouragement. Maybe we could even plan a "Get your butt in to gear" party for after New Years. Could be fun!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Hmmm.....tempting, but I don't know if I have the will power during the holidays. LOL

God Made Playdough said...

I'll join on one condition, I can't give up the gluten, carbs, etc. I don't have the extra money to eat different from the rest of my family. I will, however, cut my caoloric intake way back, and cut out fast food. Deal?