Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lump of Coal


I know, I know. It's been waay too long since my last post. I had 4 Christmas parties last week, that's right, 4. And I was trying to spend some time with my poor hubby before he left for NY.
So now that I am here with out him this week I am in the best position possible to get back on the bandwagon.
I ate SO much last week, and only worked out 3 times. So sad. And that compiled with other things, I gained a good 3 lbs. Stink. Good thing it's cold out there so I can wear lots of hoodies.
So, this week I'm going to take full advantage of Bry being gone (I don't have to cook man food) and when I went to the grocery yesterday I bought lots of low/no carb stuff. This afternoon while the kids are napping I have been working on a yummy crust less quiche. Spinach, feta, cottage cheese, sausage, peppers and onion (and egg of course) and since the only other person around here who will even touch it is Lulu, I will have food for a couple days. I also have to give a shout out to the Fred Meyer brand "Carb Conrtol" yogurt. I have tried lots of low carb yogurts that have all been NASTY and full of artificial sweetener. This one, however, was cheap and tasty. Other things I have on hand:
-cottage cheese
-cheese sticks
-turkey bacon
-chicken breasts
-meatballs
-salsa
-ranch dressing
-salad
-lunch meats
-turkey dogs
-salmon (frozen uncooked)
-salmon (canned)
-tuna
-spinach
-broccoli
-cauliflower
-2%milk for lattes
-peanut butter
-lots of ground beef (with which you can make gourmet burgers, taco salad, and various meatballs)

No ones going hungry over here. (And wheat and starches are bad for you even if you aren't trying to loose weight)

So today marks day one. I thought it would be fun to see how many pounds I loose eating this way and shredding between now and when Bry comes home. Should we find out? Ok, and if it works then maybe some of you will want to join in.
Everyone make your guesses at the poll I created on the right side of my blog.

Yay, skinny jeans for me! (maybe even next month?)




** when you are trying to cut carbs check out the diabetic section at the grocery and pharmacy. and look for the sugar free version of condiments like pickle relish.

1 comment:

Missy said...

um...I am not seeing the poll.

I have the shred on hold at the library. I'm #11 in line.