Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Aiden, Jack and I are sick. It's just a cold, and it was inevitable. Being pregnant and sick really stinks. I usually take airborne and zicam and exercise a whole bunch to sweat it out. Now I can't do any of those things. Tylenol and sudafed don't do much, and breathing steam only helps for a few minutes.
So we're going to head to Wally World to get some meds and snacks, then we're going to be vegetables for the rest of the day.

I did want to say that I tried a new Sunday school class on Sunday. It was called Family Fellowship. They are just about to start a new study by Max Lucado about conquering your giants. From what I understand they do studies together and talk about how it applies to their family lives. Most everybody in the group was young with young kids. I'm pretty excited to go back and start the new study with them next week. The class meets at 11:11 downstairs in room 110. We still went to the 10:00 worship service we always go to.

Oh, also about church last week, the music was PHENOMENAL!! It was this local christian bluegrass band. They came last summer too. It's these young guys and they are so good. The music brought tears to my eyes, and if you know me you know that's pretty impressive!

One last thing; I haven't posted any recipes or food stories in a long time. I wanted everyone to know it's because a) we don't have a decent grill here at home b)I'm now officially way to pregnant and way to lazy. But when the weather gets cold I will probably have a few meals to talk about for the holidays or warm things from the oven and slow cooker.

"Lord, thank you for reminding me on sick days that it is okay to slow down and rest. Life gets so busy, and with small children I quickly fill our days with activities and plans. Help Aiden, Jack and I to feel better by the end of this restful day today. Amen."

No comments: