Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I am choosing to let the list of things today give me positive stress in order to have energy to complete all that needs to be done. I probably could be really freaked out right now, but the truth is that I can only do what I can do and the rest is out of my hands. Aiden's meet the teacher day is supposed to be today, but he isn't on the list for registered students because the school is full. I have been told I might have to wait a few days to see if he is going to get fit into McAlder Elem. or get re-routed somewhere else. The first day of K is actually Thursday in Sumner Dist. So, there are a lot of things that need to be worked out this week. most of them are quite out of my hands. My job is really to be the squeaky wheel. There is a person working for the schools who is supposed to be helping me get this all straitened out and get Aiden in for some evaluations, but he seems to be putting the whole thing off as long as possible.
So, added to the challenge of trying to be positive, productive and not worry, I feel like I was really attacked in my week spot yesterday. Sometimes I think the devil uses the words of other people to try to distract us and bring us down when we are on a mission. This happened to me in a very painful way yesterday, and I was a mess last night. But God has renewed my strength this morning and I have regained what I needed for each step so far. Thank goodness for cappuccino makers. My hope comes in the morning.
So today is going to be a challenge, but it's going to be okay. This too shall pass.

"Lord, thank you for hope. Thank you for each oasis along this dry dry journey. Please open doors today. Please close the mouths of those who are not speaking words that come from you. I am very week and on empty today, but I know that you are greater than me, and you have already gone ahead in this day. Amen."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Mandi - I so wish I could help you out with the school situation! I'm just so new to this myself that I haven't the foggiest idea how I could. But I am praying for you. And I know you (and Aiden) are in very Good Hands!
Coincidentally, I had a similar experience with a careless person yesterday too and spent hours in tears. Its so hard to let it go and move on! I found encouragement in 1 Peter 2:21-23 and 3:8-17. I like how it gives the specific example of Christ and how He modeled the correct response. Its still SO hard though!

Blessings,
Sarah