Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lots going on around here

So far this week is going well. Aiden had only a normal amount of difficulty at school yesterday. No reports of biting or kicking. He had a big "super" sticker on when he got home and that was a sign to me that things went pretty well.

I am so excited because today is going to be a busy day (which is good because days with no school can be rough). We are going to venture out to the newly remodeled southcenter mall to do a little browsing and get some lunch. We are going with me mom. Everyone keep her in your prayers, because tomorrow she is traveling to her home town in Indiana to help her mother (my grandma) to move into a new retirement community. It isn't going to be easy and it has already generated a lot of stress. So hopefully today will be fun and enjoyable and not draining on her(as I fear).

Tonight I have an eye doctor appointment. Ia m so happy because I really need a new pair of glasses. I am hoping it only takes a couple days to get them because I am blind as a bat. The glasses I have now I have had for way too long and they are broken. I usually wear contacts, but I would love to have a nice pair of goggles so that I won't have to battle with the contacts every morning. I was very pleased to find out that my insurance is going to cover almost all the expense because I am going to the WalMart vision center. They aren't the trendiest, but I'm not going to pay out of pocket so that's good. If I had to spend my own money it would be getting put off.

So this is the last low key week for me before out fall/winter activities kick in. my MOPS group at Bethany is having their annual kick off night on Friday. We get together and play BUNCO, year before last I was the grand winner! It was just funny because i had never played BUNCO before that night. I am really looking forward to seeing all of my MOPS friends again. This year my mom has agreed to be a mentor mom for the orange table which is lead by Missy Hartley, who was at my table when I was red table leader last year. This year I am returning as "just a mom". I loved doing leadership, but there are way to many things going on in my life right now, like having another baby! I was so happy last night when I got a phone call from my new table leader, Sarah, who was my secret sister in leadership last year. I had been sneaking her treats and card all year last year and praying for her family. So I am really happy to be get the chance to know her even better.

Lady's Bible Study and MOPS both start next week. The following week both Aiden and I have doctor appointments. Only one more month and I will be at the Dr every 2 weeks, then every week! When I was writing some things in my day planner the other day I realized how close my due date is getting. I don't think about it that often.

So on the topic of pregnancy. I have am now about 26 weeks. I have gained 17 lbs, yay. Lucy is still wiggly, but now it is elbows and knees instead of the crazy rolling around I started to feel back at 17 weeks. I have been having scorching indigestion. I have stopped buying newborn and 3 months clothes. I only have a few more basic things I need before she gets here. My mom is planning on trowing a "sprinkle". I don't need a shower because I already have everything i need and this is my 4th baby!! But I need to formulate a list of girls that want to come. It is just going to be a celebration of this new arrival, sans gifts. I have told my mom that if any family/friends want to get us something to stick with target gift cards so I can use them to buy necessities like diapers and formula. So many of you will be getting invites in a few weeks, but I want to make it clear now this is not a "shower"! And I already have a really awesome theme picked out that I think everyone will love.

I know this was a really long post, but I haven't really blogged in a while. I am feeling much better this week now that Bryan is home. Pray for Aiden, he has a 3 day school week this week (a long week).

"Lord, thank you that each day is a new day, because of Your grace I don't have to live in the past. Please give my children peace today as we venture out. Continue to uplift and guide us. Amen."

1 comment:

Jessica said...

yay a sprinkle! I so totally think you desrve one, after three boys you definately need to celebrate having a girl!! anyways when you are not so busy we need together for morning coffee!!