Friday, August 15, 2008

Diagnostic Day

Yesterday was such a long day. This week was such a long week. (the past 4 years have been long, but I'm not going in to that:)
Yesterday morning Aiden went to play at his cousins, which is really good because he has been bored and needed some other kids to play with.
My mom came an picked up Jack and I (I love to be chauffeured) and we went over to downtown (Sumner) for some fun. We went to sugar babies where we bought a gorgeous Jamie Ray headband (yes Keren! I want them all too!!) and special ordered a blanket for her buy Fleecie Weecie, it's going to be so cute! I also picked up a couple things for Jack.
Then we headed over to Storci for lunch. Jack and I shared some pizza. I really love that restaurant and HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who like authentic Italian food or a great (best I've ever had) cappuccino.
Then we drove over to St Joe's for the big diagnostic ultrasound. I was nervous. This whole week had been more intense than I had expected it to be. Everything went fine, there were no issues that we could see. I will still have to wait for the official word from Finley (that's my special name for my dr, DR Finley, I have taken to calling him Finley. You will hear LOTS more about him down the road. He delivered Jack as well).

We brought home a couple pictures. One was of the feet, a really cute pic. The other was a face shot that was pretty scary and looked like Skelator. But the u/s tech said girl! We also SAW the kidneys, bladder, and stomach. By the end of the scan she settled in the weirdest position, the same position Jack slept in when he was a newborn. Butt up and hands down to her sides. Strange kids I have.
I came home. It was hot. I couldn't get my kids to go to sleep.
When Bryan finally got home I gave him a hair cut. I really didn't want to, my feet were swollen, and my back hurt. Oh well, he looked nice today for work.

So that was my day yesterday. I'm really excited to have it behind me. I will be really happy when Finley calls back to tell me to relax.

So now I'm going to find something to entertain us today. We've made it to the weekend! TGIF!! I hope fall comes soon.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

yay! Glad your day and u/s went well and that your STILL having a GIRL!!!