Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's too hot for me.

Yesterday turned out to be a fairly successful day despite being trapped in the house from wake up at 5:45am until Cindy (my mother in law) got home at about 4:00pm. When she got home I the kids and I were all ready to go, we were about to eat each other alive. So we went out to dinner at Applebees (not my favorite, but there aren't many restaurants in the BL). Then we went over to Target and did a lot of shopping. I finished the clothing part of Aiden's school shopping, complete with socks and underwear. All I have to do know is go back to get the stuff on the school supplies list and find him a backpack. For some reason I didn't like any of the backpacks at Target. I just don't want a generic one I guess (no Power Rangers, ew). I am going to check out Nordie's Rack and REI, and if those fail I am going to go back and get the one I liked at Gap Kids.
The kids were pooped when we got home and the house was like a sauna. It's supposed to be hot again today so we are planning to head up to Lake Tapps for some sprinkler time.
I don't do well pregnant in the summer. I have been so uncomfortable and bloated. I don't remember being this miserable when I was 40 weeks with Jack. So I am sure I will feel so much better when the fall weather comes along (which I am dying for anyway).
Bryan is supposed to be home tomorrow. The weather is supposed to cool down a little tomorrow. So the goal is to enjoy today for what it is, and take comfort in knowing it should be over tomorrow.
I'm hungry for seafood.

"Lord, please bring unexpected blessings our way today. Thank you for the wonderful blessing of yesterday, and the things we are looking forward to tomorrow. Please help us to see all kinds of great opportunities, big and small, in our day today. Hold my friends who need you today. There are some people I know who are experiencing terrible loneliness right now, and some who are still struggling with physical ailments and illness. Please hold my friends close and bring them relief in your time and your way. Amen."

No comments: