Thursday, August 21, 2008

Taking the day off from thinking

Today I am going to make up for how heavy things have been the past couple weeks, and I am going to write only about completely lovely meaningless things!
I am actually really excited because tomorrow we are celebrating my brother's birthday. So tomorrow morning I need to go get him a little gift. Can you believe he is going to be 18 on August 28th?!
Anyway, when I was at Target yesterday (the plan was for Wally World, but then I thought about the slushies and popcorn and I changed my mind) I strolled through the little boys department (as always) and they had so much cute stuff!! So I am going to return tomorrow morning to get some new fall/winter stuff for Jack. Before buying him new stuff I actually went to our storage to see what he already has courtesy of Aiden. I couldn't find winter 2T anywhere in there. I was bummed. I will try again with Bryan, because I couldn't hardly get around in there. Either way, I happen to know that 2 and 3 t sizes didn't survive Aiden for the most past. A great deal of what he had was hand me downs and he wore those sizes for a very long time and everything was pretty much rags when he was done. So, I'm going to get Jack some new things. It really only seems fair. Aiden and Lucy will have lovely new things. So the plan is to get him nice things, care for them well, and take them to consignment and trade them for whatever I need when he is done with them.
Well, while I was there I bought a couple of these adorable long sleeve tees for Aiden (he actually spotted them and picked them out which is part of what made it so adorable) one is Popeye's body and it's supposed to look like Aidens head with Popeye's body (Semper Peratis Popeye!) and the other was vintage look with the Peanuts on it, and since I am Lucy from peanuts I was in love. So, Jack is going to get a few for himself tomorrow.
I know this is all very inconsequential, but a little shallow girlishness is good for someone as serious as me once in a while.
We currently have no plans for the day, although I have a few ideas that also revolve around bugging Sumner School District for the third day in a row. Please pray that thing will go smoother with them than we anticipate.

"Lord, thank you for occasional lazy days mixed in with all the busy ones. Thank you for bright ideas. Thank you for people who are really different, they add flavor to our lives. Thank you for this fall weather! Amen."

1 comment:

God Made Playdough said...

Please tell me Wes is not 18! That makes me really old! Tell him Happy Birthday for us!
I keep forgetting to tell you that Fall is my favorite too and I too am loving this weather!