Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Reality Check


After sulking around the house yesterday we are getting out today. We are all feeling much better (Jack after his 5 shots, Aiden after his blood draw incedent, and me after my reality check).
We are planning to hit up the SuperMall today in search of shoes and maternity clothes (another reality check).
Yes, I am finally conceding to getting some "larger" clothes. I really hate maternity clothes, as I have been wearing them for about 5 years strait. So I am pretty much going for normal clothes in larger sizes. Fortunately my jeans are still fitting, although I am going to buy a bellaband so I can continue to wear them as long as possible (forever?).

Yesterday was long. I was at home alone with the kids (who allowed that?) and walked around in a fog all day. I just needed sometime to work things out mentally. I did eventually realize that they didn't give him aspergers at the doctor's office, he already had it. It's not like I brought home a different kid. So once I realized that the label isn't actually going to change my day to day life at this point (other than the prospect of getting him the help he needs) I was able to get my act together.
No sooner had I fixed my attitude problem then I got a really obnoxious pinched nerve in my back. Oh, the joys of pregnancy.

I don't even think I mentioned a couple days ago that Bryan got to spend some time with Patty Murrey. I have some pictures of their little PR moment. Although I think there wil be more soon because she specifically asked if she could come back and take a ride on the boat. Fun fun.
I will try and post a pic asap.

"Lord, give us unexpected joy today. Help us to laugh at the rough moments, and bask in the quiet ones. Help us to live today and everyday with purpose and intention. Amen."

No comments: