Saturday, August 30, 2008

Don't worry Labor and Delivery, I'll be back in a few months.

Yesterday was a pretty long day. We were planning on taking the boys to Northwest Trek. My plans changed when I got up in the morning with a lower back ache and contractions! What the hay, right? So my mom picked me up and took my over to St. Joe's (the boys stayed at home with Cindy). They were super nice and polite both in the ER and in L&D. I really love that hospital, it's so pretty inside.
So I was hooked up to the monitors for a couple hours. Lucy was doing great, she was super active and her heart rate was nice and steady. The contractions were really tiny (I wasn't in pain) and I knew they were Braxton Hicks, but there were so many.
After waiting a few hours the Dr didn't come up with any conclusive reasons as to why I would be having this. It slowed down to less than 5 an hour after I layed there for a while. So eventually they let me go home. I'm not on bed rest at this point, and the contractions haven't picked up again. I'm just supposed to use modified activity, and be careful. They did say that because they couldn't find a reason for it that it may be something that comes back again through out the pregnancy.
Anyway, so that was the big drama, but really everything is okay.
Today I am just relaxing. I have taken up a new hobby, I have been knitting using a loom. My first project was a really ugly scarf. Aiden saw me making it and said "oh cool, I want a scarf!"
So now I am making Aiden a scarf. I will post a picture of it when I'm done. I am also making a new hat for Lucy, the kind that has the flower on top. That too will be posted soon.
I'm ready for a nice relaxing weekend. I'm going to sit around and do projects (after I make a trip to Joanne this am).

"Thank you Lord for protecting my children. I am sure there have been more close calls than I realize, which is good because I am nervous enough as it is. Bless this weekend with rest, health, and fun. Amen."

2 comments:

Sarah said...

How totally unfun! I hope you do get to relax this weekend!

Sarah

God Made Playdough said...

I had that with Anna! No fun! Mine ended up getting painful. She was born at almost 40 weeks, perfectly healthy! :) (by the way, this is Amy)